Your deep tissue massage experience in Knoxville, TN can give you:
- Greater range of motion can increase sports performance and give you better workouts.
- Deeper relaxation and better sleep by increasing dopamine, serotonin, and endorphin levels while lowering levels of stress hormones.
- Decreased pain by getting the knots out of strained or overworked muscles and connective tissue.
Deep tissue massage can also help speed up healing by decreasing inflammation and increasing blood circulation. It’s also a great way to unwind mentally, lower blood pressure, and increase lung function.
Deep tissue massage is especially helpful for aches, pains, strains, tight areas, and sports injuries in muscles and tendons. It uses firm pressure to reach layers of muscles and connective tissues deeper than would be addressed in a classic relaxation massage.
The movement in deep tissue massage is slower, and the pressure deeper. It concentrates on the areas of pain or tension to help reach, release, and realign deeper sub-layers of muscle and fascia. It can break up scar tissue caused by injuries, and release adhesions or “knots” that interfere with blood flow, cause inflammation, and limit mobility.
Deep Tissue Massage Benefits
In addition to stress relief, lowering blood pressure, and increased mobility, deep tissue massage is especially good for the following conditions:
- Stiff neck
- Repetitive strain injuries, like carpal tunnel
- Upper and lower back pain
- Sore shoulders
- Recovery from injuries like whiplash or falls
- Tightness in the glutes and legs
- Poor posture
- Limited mobility
- Pain from osteoarthritis
- Sciatica and piriformis syndrome
- Golfer’s elbow and tennis shoulder
- Plantar fascitis
- High blood pressure
Deep Tissue Massage: What to Expect
During a deep tissue massage session, lighter pressure is used first to warm up the muscles. Once the muscles are prepared, deeper pressure is applied with the hands, knuckles, thumbs, forearm, and elbow.
After the massage, it is common to experience a little stiffness or soreness which goes away in a day or two.
Click the button below to book your deep tissue massage